Switching Approved Vendors & Sale of Waitlisted Projects
The Program Administrator would like to thank all stakeholders that provided comments on the ABP’s recent request for comments about how two related problems would be handled: (A) whether and how an applicant project with a pending Part I application (including an application included on any applicable Group/category waitlist) could switch its Approved Vendor; and (B) how the Program should handle a situation in which two Approved Vendors each submit a Part I application for the same photovoltaic project.
Rather than simply publishing a policy governing these situations, the Program sought feedback on its proposed approach. Just three stakeholders submitted comments throughout the comment period and only one of these comments presented information beyond agreeing with the proposed approach. Due to the limited amount of feedback received, the Agency has made minimal edits to the final versions of the proposed approach and the FAQs. Final documents, draft documents, and stakeholder comments can be found below.
- Policy on the switching Approved Vendors
- FAQs on the selling of waitlisted projects
- Can a Part I application project that’s been waitlisted or otherwise not yet selected for a REC contract change Approved Vendors?
- What if the Approved Vendor itself is sold to a new entity – is that permissible, and what requirements or conditions apply?
- What if the project is sold, but the Approved Vendor does not change – is that permissible, and what requirements or conditions apply?
- What if applications are submitted by two different Approved Vendors for the same project?